Are you looking for a spacious, practical place to store your boat? You have come to the right place. Our spacious marina in Drachten (Friesland, the Netherlands) offers more than 900 spacious places for storing every type of boat: on shore or in the water. In addition, you will find all sorts of useful facilities, such as trailer ramps, a 30-ton crane, 50-ton trailer and several yacht technique and maintenance services.
Below you will find more information about the different winter storage options for your boat. Have you already decided which winter storage you choose for your boat? Then use the button below to request winter storage via our form. Or get in touch with us via email@example.com or +31512513276
By choosing for winter storage, we always recommend that you prepare your boat for the winter in advance. If you are not sure which activities on board must be done, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Your boat is in good hands at De Drait:
- We hoist your boat and spraying it before we store it on shore or in our hall.
- The marina is easily accessible from the A7 motorway, from the large Frisian waterways or from Northern Germany through the open sailing connection and Fixed Mast route (Staande Mastroute).
- Throughout the year, our qualified staff is maintaining boats. Not only our own charter fleet, but they also work on boats of private owners. As a result, our employees have a lot of experience and knowledge of what is needed for every job.
- We have water sports experience for over 35 years.
- Various service and maintenance options.
- Batteries can be stored in our battery shed.
Covered winter storage
If you want to be sure that your boat is well protected in the winter, then our covered winter storage is the best option. At De Drait you can store your boat in the water as well as on land.
Winter storage in our isolated hall
You can store your boat dry in our isolated hall. We ensure that the boat is hoisted safely out of the water and we place it on a sturdy steel trestle. While the boat is in the crane, we spray the hull of the boat clean.
The rate for the storage in our isolated hall is € 40,50 per m² *. This rate includes:
- Hoisting the boat out of and into the water
- Hosing down the hull
- Storage on the trestle
- 2 x internal transport (moving the boat from the crane to the hall and back from the hall to the crane)
- Rental of the trestle
Winter storage in the isolated boat houses
Would you prefer to leave your boat in the water during the winter season, but protect it from wind and bad weather? Then a mooring place in one of our boat houses is perfect! These places offer extra convenience for the boat owner, thanks to the electric access doors and a power and water connection.
From October 1st, you can store your boat in one of the boxes. From November 15th it is possible to store your boat in the hallway for a lower rate.
Because we fill the hall, it is not possible to sail in and out during the winter period. If this is desired, please discuss this with us in advance. Then we will look at the options.
Our rate for the storage in our boat houses / the water hall:
- Water hall in the hall way (15-11 / 15-03) – € 65,- per meter boat length
- Water hall in a box (01-10 / 01-04) – On request
These prices do not include the deposit for the access key (€ 45). This key can be picked up at the reception / water sports store during our opening hours.
Winter storage outside
In addition to the options for winter storage inside, we offer various winter storage places outside.
Winter storage outside on a trestle
On request it is possible to get the boat out and in the water from the 1st of October until the 31st of May.
Our rate for winter storage on a trestle is € 19,50 per m²*. This rate includes hoisting the boat out and into the water, hoisting down the hull, storage on a trestle, 2x internal transport and the rental of the trestle.
Winter storage outside in the water
You can also choose for a mooring place in our marina. Here you can let your boat overwinter at our sustainable floating jetties. You always have access to the boat, and you can quickly sail away to the Frisian lakes after the winter period. At our jetties you find connections for both electricity and water.
The rate of a mooring place at our floating jetties for the winter period is calculated based on the annual rate. The annual rates for a mooring place can be found here: Rates mooring places. We will calculate a mooring place outside in the water from 01-10 until 01-04 as following: annual rate mooring place divided by 12 x the number of months that the berth is used during the winter period. After April 1st, we calculate the regular rate per month for the mooring place.
If you have a mooring place in the marina on annual base from the 1st of April until the 31st of March, then we don’t charge extra costs for the winter period.
Winter storage for sloops, small sailing boats and motor boats
Especially for sloops, small sailing boats and motorboats, we offer several winter storage possibilities. These are both in the water and on land.
For the protection of sloops, smaller sailing, and motorboats we offer mooring places in two covered sloop harbours. These half open mooring places are suitable for boats up to 10 meters. These mooring places are secured with an electric gate, which one can open by making use of the access key.
The rate for a winter storage place in the covered sloop harbour per month between the 1st of October and the 1st of April:
- Max. dim. 6.80 x 2.10 m. (01-10 / 01-04) – € 50,-
- Max. dim. 6.80 x 4.20 m. (01-10 / 01-04) – € 67,-
- Max. dim. 10.00 x 3.00 m. (01-10 / 01-04) – € 100,-
These prices do not include the deposit of the access key (€ 20). You can collect and activate this key at our reception / water sports store.
Storage in a scaffolding or on a trestle in the isolated hall
The rate for winter storage in the scaffolding as well as on a trestle in the hall on the ground for the entire winter period from the 1st of October:
- Up to 5.00 meters – € 410,-
- From 5.00 meters – € 495,-
- From 6.00 meters – € 575,-
- From 7.00 meters – € 690,-
- Small boats/ dinghies or sloops from 8.00 meters – € 40,50 per m² *
These rates includes hoisting the boat out and into the water, hoisting down the hull, storage on a trestle, 2x internal transport and the rental of the trestle.
Would you like to store the mast of your boat separately from the boat, then this is possible in various ways.
- Mast storage: € 10,- per meter
- Mast storage on the floor: € 40,50 per m²
These prices are exclusive the trestle.
Need support or do you have questions?
* Please not that their is a minimum rate for boats on a trestle on land or in the isolated hall of € 240,00.
The general terms and conditions apply on all our quotations, orders and agreements. Read more here: algemene voorwaarden.